Thursday, April 26, 2012
More than just a hair cut.......
Today was a bad and great day! I woke up this morning ornery, I don't remember having any bad dreams but for some reason I was just plain mad at everyone and yet I had absolutely no reason to be. I was however piling in my brain about how my life has been hard this past year and I was blaming everyone for that. I had a hair appt. at four, I almost cancelled it because I was still ornery, so from the time I woke up this morning to the time I left for my hair appt. which was at 4:00pm I was in a bad mood. I was in such a bad mood that before I left my daughter was crying because she said that she hasn't seen me happy all day long, I almost felt bad but I was still too angry to feel totally bad. Wow this was not like me? So I went to the hair appt. and I got the referral to go to this lady because I was told that she was good and I was also told as a side note that she has had a near death experience, I love hearing about those but I wasn't even planning on talking about that with her, mostly because I was in a bad mood and the fact that this would be the first time that we met, she's not going to share that experience with a total stranger! Anyways, I went and she was very nice and super friendly and she had a great way of making conversation. So she found out how many children I had and she was impressed, she didn't think I was old enough, yep I am! Then she asked their names and for some reason she asked how I named little sissy, I told her that I had a dream and was told her name and how to spell it and she was thrilled and then she told me that it's important that you follow those dreams and impressions. She seemed very spiritual and I was very intrigued by her. Then we were talking and all of a sudden it came out of my lips, the fact that I heard that she has had a near death experience, I don't know where that came from because I was sure she was not going to share that with me, she was a little reluctant at first but then when she got going she didn't stop she told me everything. She even stopped once in a while and was crying while telling me and said that she couldn't believe that she was sharing this with me since she just met me, but she still kept on going and at this point I was crying (I am sure people thought that we were lunatics) but we didn't care, it was if time stopped and no one was around, but there were people around, a lot of people. She told me that she was in Sunvalley with her daughter and she started to get sick, she then continued to get sicker and sicker. She then told her daughter to take her back home and to take her to the emergency room. She knew the doctor and he took a cat scan of her and found out that her colon had ruptured. She was really sick by this point and they did emergency surgery. While she was in the hospital room she could feel Satan and his dark angels all around her really strong, she said that she even had a nightmare that to this day she remembers. I told her that even in the scriptures it says from Joseph Smith that you have to go through the darkness in oder to see the light. She remembers dying and an angel taking her down the hall to the elevator, they got into the elevator and the door closed and then it opened again and she was in a white room with everyone dressed in white, kinda like you would see as if you where going to the temple. A man approached her and asked her for her temple recommend, she was horrified because she didn't at that time have a current temple recommend and so she told the man that she didn't he looked like anyone would look if you came to the temple without a temple recommend. She then was told that she had a choice, to go back and raise her children and be with her family or stay here. She really wanted to go back, she told the man frantically that she had children to raise and her husband, she couldn't leave them, she needed to go back. The man then told her that she could, however she had to promise that if she went back that she would have to live her life for herself and not for her children or her husband or anyone else. She thought about that and her life was basically dedicated to her children and her husband, this was going to be a hard thing for her to do. He then told her by her example of her own change will help her family want to change. She told me that it had changed her whole perspective on how we need to worry about our own salvation and not everyone else's. She told me that when she went back she did what she was told to do and her boys went on missions and her husband changed for the better however she did tell me that right now she has two daughters who are not active in the church but that she's not worried about it and that her life is great and that she is grateful for everything in her life even the trials and challenges and she shared a few of her challenges but she still has a great attitude and goes to the temple often and has not gone without her temple recommend since her experience. Oh man is she spiritual and I told her with tears in my eyes that I needed this, that this has helped me so much and that this was just more than a hair cut that she gave me, she gave me my hope back and strength to endure my trials and faith that Heavenly Father is ever mindful of us and our needs. I came home and appologized for my behavior and how ornery I was all day long. When my sweet husband came home he brought me some flowers too. Then we heard about some friends in our ward who's brother in law was killed in an automobile accident today and it was the father of two boys that came last summer to stay with our friends (their cousins) and our older kids knew them really well, they played night games often with them. All this has made me think that our life could be over in an instant or a loved one's life could be over in an instant and how will this effect me, am I living my life for everyone else or am I living it for me and my own salvation?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I Changed the kid's names to keep their identity.
Oldest to Youngest kids:
Hawaiian Princess, Dash, Shell, Violet, EB boy, JR, Danny Boy, little sissy, baby D
Sloane and Jennece
About me..Jennece
- Jennece Kahuhu
- For the past five years, I have been very blessed working with all different types of people with all uniquely different scenario's in their lives and have been very blessed to be apart of their healing process. So grateful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and the knowledge and testimony that I have of him. Through him is our only true source of healing that will take place in our lives. You can contact me at Directedlight@yahoo.com

Great lesson and insight, thank you for sharing it! xoxoxox
ReplyDelete